Sunday, February 22, 2015

Favorite Hunger Game Book

I enjoyed reading The Hunger Game the most. If the first book was not as entertaining as it was I would not have been interested to finish the other two books. I enjoyed this book so much because it had a little bit of everything. In the beginning the readers were able to see the special connection Katniss and Gale share together. As the book continues I become more in love with Katniss as she always puts others needs and wants before her own. Also, the way she takes over being Prim’s mom while their mom is morning over her father’s death.


As the book continues I am introduced to some pretty awesome characters like Haymitch and his witty remarks. I enjoyed seeing the way Haymitch changed from the beginning of the book to the end of the hunger games. Once Katniss and Peeta stood up to Haymitch on the train he saw they meant business so he started to show his wittiness. I enjoyed reading about Haymitch and Katniss becoming one once the hunger games started. Although they did not get along the greatest before hand it was easy to see that they were thinking the same way. Katniss knew exactly what to do just by the timing of the gifts Haymitch sent or did not send to her.


My least favorite book was Mockingjay. The first two parts kind of dragged on and then the third part everything got thrown at the reader at once. It was much easier for me to stop at the end of a chapter. The other books it was much harder for me to but the book down. Also, I was not a fan of the ending of the book. The fact that Katniss pretty much changed her whole personality. By marrying Peeta and having kids. The whole time she had trust issues and stated that she never wanted to have kids.  


Work cited:
http://deadline.com/2012/06/hunger-games-crossing-400m-today-284230/
http://www.myhungergames.com/jennifer-lawrence-knew-she-was-meant-to-play-katniss/haymitch-katniss-600x400

No comments:

Post a Comment